Skip to main content

Toxicity 1•20•2019


So we are over half way through the first month of 2019.  How many people have you actually cut off like you told all of your social media followers you would?  If your answer is no don’t feel bad.  You’re only a small percent of the millions of people being victimized by toxicity.  I also have been blinded by toxic friends, lovers, jobs and family members.  Whether you like to admit it or not, keeping toxicity around us rubs off.  You may not realize it, but because of your interactions with toxic situations and toxic people, you have acquired some toxic traits.  Hopefully after reading this article we will all start the process of removing toxicity from our lives, but I hope we also are able to identify our own toxic characteristics and avoid victimizing other people and being apart of the never ending circle.

There are so many toxic situations surrounding us but the most popular are friends, lovers, family members and jobs.  Within all of these situations I’ve noticed the common denominator is always narcissism.  149 million of the population suffer Narcissistic Personality Disorder.  50-75% of the diagnosed being men.  We know the actual figure is much higher because most narcissists aren’t diagnosed because they believe they are perfect and nothing is wrong with them.  

The following are the top characteristics for narcissism:
Lack Of Empathy 
Exaggerated Sense of Self Importance
Entitlement 
Selfishness
A need for praise or attention
Arrogance and Judgment 

You probably read those and identified someone close to you.  Did you recognize some of the traits in yourself?  These traits are all how toxicity begins.  These toxic people will constantly tell you what’s wrong with you, give you anxiety and insecurities about it and when you call them out on how it makes you feel, they call you crazy and flip the situation, making it your fault and blame you for treating them so bad.  A narcissist will also be so jealous of the attention and love that you get from others that they will constantly point out your mishaps to not only you, but to others, hoping you and other people will agree that you aren’t really that great.  

Knowing all of these things why do we keep these people around?  We have to stop making excuses for evil and messy behavior.  Stop thinking about how long you’ve known a person or giving second chances to family members because they are blood.  Good energy should be all that we have time for this year.  Being around people who contribute to our growth should be our main concern.  We have to start manifesting the life we want to live but it’s hard to do that when you have evil blocking your blessings.  Let’s start the year off right and walk out on people that compromise our journey to happiness. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love after a Fuck Boy/Girl

So you finally did it. You finally ended that bittersweet toxic relationship and it probably took you 20 tries to get it right. None of that matters. Only thing that matters now is you’re free. If you’ve been in this situation like I have, you know leaving that person alone is actually easier than moving on. It’s funny because I know that you’ve picked yourself up, stared at yourself in the mirror like: “It’s on”, “I’m about to fuck the summer up”, “I’m out here”.    You bought all the nicest outfits, reinvented your entire look, bought tickets to the hottest beaches and had a great couple of months after your breakup.  One day, after all the fun and all the trips, something triggered you. Whether it was a holiday, a wedding, or a baby shower. Something clicked, and you’re like ok I’m ready to try this shit again.  Now that you've established that you’re ready to start dating again.  You get the ball rolling however you do it.  Sliding in DM’s, Tinder, Airdrop in the c

Relocating 01•10•2019

So you’re thinking about relocating?    My first question to you would be why?!    You may be asking yourself ‘Who died and made her the relocation expert?’ ‘Why does she want to know my reasons for moving?’    Let me say this, I’ve been in your shoes, twice. My first move from home wasn’t as successful and it was partially because I was running away from something. When we run away from things we are so focused on putting the present behind us that we have little time to think about the future.    We just want to wake up somewhere else and not have to deal with what’s going on at home.    My first move, I packed my things, ran out on my lease, and moved with family “until I got on my feet”.    Listen, everything I just said is a recipe for disaster!    I’ve been in the sunshine state for over 3 years now and wanted to share how I got here.  Do your research! Before I moved I went to Barnes and Noble and bought 3 books on Florida. I needed questions answered and to make sure t