Skip to main content

Anxiety 4•05•2019





Anxiety
The other night I woke up out of my sleep at 4am. From that moment until I was time to take my daughter to school. I sat there thinking about random things. Work, my daughter, what bill needed to be paid that up coming weekend, even thinking about things that happened in the past that served me no purpose whatsoever in the present. Later that day I asked myself: “Why did you spend so much time thinking about things that could’ve waited?! Stop doing that!” Man wouldn’t life be great if it were that simple? Now that I’m an adult I realize that I had been doing things like this for years. Nobody ever sat me down and told me there was a name for it. It wasn’t until my mid twenties did I learn of the things that plagues over 2.4 millions Americans. Anxiety. A lot of the times we just accept being anxious at night and allow the excessive worry and restlessness to hinder our daily lives. While the best option may be to seek professional help. We know that some people aren’t ok with talking to complete strangers so we’ve gathered some ways to help you treat your anxiety on your own

  1. Avoid caffeine! You don’t need anything extra that will make it harder for you to fall asleep.
  2. Meditation. A lot of people don’t recommend meditation at night because you’re more than likely to fall asleep but that’s what we are aiming for! Getting sleep at night. The best thing about meditation is you can do it anytime you need to clear your thoughts. 
  3. Exercise. Physical activity is known to reduce stress and anxiety. Not to mention the extra benefits of burning a few calories and shedding a few pounds. 
  4. Stress Management. What is stressing you out? Start writing down solutions for things that are bothering you. Put a plan in action and stick to it.
  5. Support groups. Whether it be a strong friend, a relative or a group on Facebook. Find some inspiration somewhere. Find somebody to talk to. Keeping what’s worrying you bottled up will only make matters worse.

It’s extremely important to know the difference between “Everyday Anxiety” and “Anxiety Disorder”. Everyday anxiety is worrying or not sleeping because you’re thinking about a traumatic experience that recently occurred, stressing over bills or relationship issues. Anxiety disorder is having irrational fear of places or situations that don’t pose a threat, random panic attacks, and insomnia caused by flashbacks and recurring thoughts over a trauma that happened months or even years before. If you feel like your everyday anxiety is turning into an anxiety disorder we would encourage you to get help. According to Pasadena Villa, a rehab that specializes in treating mental health disorders, anxiety disorders quickly turn into depression. Depression is not something we would recommend you to try and self treat. Talking to a professional is the first step and the best step. We get help with other things we can’t fix, plumbing, car issues, computer viruses and these are material. We should treat our brains the same exact way. If something is going on that you or prayer can’t fix do not be ashamed to talk to a professional. Love yourself enough to receive all that you deserve, including help figuring out your mental health. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Love after a Fuck Boy/Girl

So you finally did it. You finally ended that bittersweet toxic relationship and it probably took you 20 tries to get it right. None of that matters. Only thing that matters now is you’re free. If you’ve been in this situation like I have, you know leaving that person alone is actually easier than moving on. It’s funny because I know that you’ve picked yourself up, stared at yourself in the mirror like: “It’s on”, “I’m about to fuck the summer up”, “I’m out here”.    You bought all the nicest outfits, reinvented your entire look, bought tickets to the hottest beaches and had a great couple of months after your breakup.  One day, after all the fun and all the trips, something triggered you. Whether it was a holiday, a wedding, or a baby shower. Something clicked, and you’re like ok I’m ready to try this shit again.  Now that you've established that you’re ready to start dating again.  You get the ball rolling however you do it.  Sliding in DM’s, Tinder, Airdrop in the c

Toxicity 1•20•2019

So we are over half way through the first month of 2019.    How many people have you actually cut off like you told all of your social media followers you would?    If your answer is no don’t feel bad.    You’re only a small percent of the millions of people being victimized by toxicity.    I also have been blinded by toxic friends, lovers, jobs and family members.    Whether you like to admit it or not, keeping toxicity around us rubs off.    You may not realize it, but because of your interactions with toxic situations and toxic people, you have acquired some toxic traits.    Hopefully after reading this article we will all start the process of removing toxicity from our lives, but I hope we also are able to identify our own toxic characteristics and avoid victimizing other people and being apart of the never ending circle. There are so many toxic situations surrounding us but the most popular are friends, lovers, family members and jobs.    Within all of these situations I’

Relocating 01•10•2019

So you’re thinking about relocating?    My first question to you would be why?!    You may be asking yourself ‘Who died and made her the relocation expert?’ ‘Why does she want to know my reasons for moving?’    Let me say this, I’ve been in your shoes, twice. My first move from home wasn’t as successful and it was partially because I was running away from something. When we run away from things we are so focused on putting the present behind us that we have little time to think about the future.    We just want to wake up somewhere else and not have to deal with what’s going on at home.    My first move, I packed my things, ran out on my lease, and moved with family “until I got on my feet”.    Listen, everything I just said is a recipe for disaster!    I’ve been in the sunshine state for over 3 years now and wanted to share how I got here.  Do your research! Before I moved I went to Barnes and Noble and bought 3 books on Florida. I needed questions answered and to make sure t