Skip to main content

Quarantine Crazy





 Hey friend! Long time no see.  How is everyone holding up during these trying times?  I hope you all are staying safe and stimulating your minds.  I know you haven't heard from me in a while, I miss you as much as you miss me.  Your girl is actually in the process of writing a book.  I'm telling you all ahead of time because it motivates me to actually get it done.  I set a goal to be done by my birthday this year in October, so please hold me to that.  I thought you guys might be going just as crazy as I am and wanted to provide you with a few things you can do to keep your mind off of the horrors of the world right now, with everybody on your timeline engaging in spreading fear it’s kinda hard not to.  Hopefully you will find something on this small list that will help keep you sane. 

1. Start A Book Club




Now is the perfect time to enrich your mind! You have tons of friends with nothing to do right now. Reach out to the ones who like to read and start a club. After you’re all done you can group chat about it. The best thing about book clubs is you’re not required to meet up. Pouring yourself a drink and voicing opinions over Group Me is just as fun. When all of this is over each person in the book club can host at their houses. Turn it into a monthly party.

2. Lose The Extra Pounds



This suggestion is number one on my list. I went for my physical this year and my doc told me I weighed 170 pounds. You’re probably scratching your head if you know me personally.  Thinking to yourself like where?!?! First of all, lol, I gain all my weight in my breast and my butt. No where else. Again, if you know me personally, you know I despise being top heavy. Why do I have to gain weight in my breast?!  Can a bitch gain some hips please?  
Diet
I had to switch to a low carb intake. Carbs are where my weight gain comes from. I’ve never had a problem with calories.  Although I’m not on a Keto diet, googling keto dinner ideas helps when I’m trying to figure out what to eat for dinner. I like to keep my carb intake moderate, between 100-150g a day.
Exercise 
I do a high intensity workout twice a week and run/walk three times a week. I’ve been added to numerous workout group pages on Facebook, watching other people workout is motivating. People are organizing virtual workouts live if you’re the type of person that needs an instructor to workout.   Logging on to You Tube and finding a workout that works best for you is also an option. Shoot me a DM if you want me to add you to any of the Facebook workout groups that I’ve been added to. 
Don’t keep putting off losing that weight because I guarantee you will have gained more pounds than ever sitting at home during this quarantine. 


3. Try New Recipes

Now is the perfect time to step your cooking game up! Most of us are used to cooking what we have been cooking over and over for years.  I’m taking advantage of learning how to cook meals that I go to fancy restaurants and spend my hard earned money to eat. My daughter has also decided to become vegetarian recently so I’ve been learning how to cook meals for her too. Try Delish or All Recipes for good ideas.  Lastly, buy yourself a blender and start making yourself more than just a shot of liquor! Now is the time to experiment and learn how to make your own cocktails!





4. Zoom Happy Hours


Zoom is a video conferencing app that allows you to meet up with multiple people at the same time.  My girlfriend is hosting speed dating in a zoom meeting and I have other friends who are hosting drinking games and playing spades on another. When these meetings are done we are usually drunk off our asses. Log on to the party and let the games begin!  It’s LIT!


5. Club Quarantine



After the show it’s the after party!!! D Nice has been kind enough to take to his live and give us marathons of great music. I usually connect to my Bluetooth on a Sunday, pour up a glass of wine and start cleaning and preparing dinner. He’s gone live for 9 hours once upon a time. There are also some younger local dj’s that I like connecting to who also play great music. Make sure you find out your dj’s cash app and send them a tip! They don’t have to stand there and entertain us for free. We should all be supporting each other! 

Again stay safe and enjoy this time with your families. Pray for the people who have fallen ill. ❤️

How are you staying sane? Drop me some ideas in the comments below!








Comments

  1. Try new drink recipes. Buy a blender and experiment with new cocktails!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a dope idea! I have to look into some good recipes. After this is all over we are going to be the best house party hosts! lol

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Love after a Fuck Boy/Girl

So you finally did it. You finally ended that bittersweet toxic relationship and it probably took you 20 tries to get it right. None of that matters. Only thing that matters now is you’re free. If you’ve been in this situation like I have, you know leaving that person alone is actually easier than moving on. It’s funny because I know that you’ve picked yourself up, stared at yourself in the mirror like: “It’s on”, “I’m about to fuck the summer up”, “I’m out here”.    You bought all the nicest outfits, reinvented your entire look, bought tickets to the hottest beaches and had a great couple of months after your breakup.  One day, after all the fun and all the trips, something triggered you. Whether it was a holiday, a wedding, or a baby shower. Something clicked, and you’re like ok I’m ready to try this shit again.  Now that you've established that you’re ready to start dating again.  You get the ball rolling however you do it.  Sliding in DM’s, Tinder, Airdrop in the c

Toxicity 1•20•2019

So we are over half way through the first month of 2019.    How many people have you actually cut off like you told all of your social media followers you would?    If your answer is no don’t feel bad.    You’re only a small percent of the millions of people being victimized by toxicity.    I also have been blinded by toxic friends, lovers, jobs and family members.    Whether you like to admit it or not, keeping toxicity around us rubs off.    You may not realize it, but because of your interactions with toxic situations and toxic people, you have acquired some toxic traits.    Hopefully after reading this article we will all start the process of removing toxicity from our lives, but I hope we also are able to identify our own toxic characteristics and avoid victimizing other people and being apart of the never ending circle. There are so many toxic situations surrounding us but the most popular are friends, lovers, family members and jobs.    Within all of these situations I’

Relocating 01•10•2019

So you’re thinking about relocating?    My first question to you would be why?!    You may be asking yourself ‘Who died and made her the relocation expert?’ ‘Why does she want to know my reasons for moving?’    Let me say this, I’ve been in your shoes, twice. My first move from home wasn’t as successful and it was partially because I was running away from something. When we run away from things we are so focused on putting the present behind us that we have little time to think about the future.    We just want to wake up somewhere else and not have to deal with what’s going on at home.    My first move, I packed my things, ran out on my lease, and moved with family “until I got on my feet”.    Listen, everything I just said is a recipe for disaster!    I’ve been in the sunshine state for over 3 years now and wanted to share how I got here.  Do your research! Before I moved I went to Barnes and Noble and bought 3 books on Florida. I needed questions answered and to make sure t